Changing the floors can give any space an instant upgrade. It is amazing how much impact a new floor makes in the look of your entire home. With so many flooring materials available, it can be a little overwhelming to try to choose the best one. Hardwood floors in Phoenix are a popular choice, but are they what you are looking for? I’ve put together a few pros and cons to help you decide if hardwood is the best choice for your home.
The Pros of Hardwood
There are a lot of reasons why people want to install hardwood floors in Phoenix. Here are my top three advantages of installing hardwood:
1) Hardwood floors are incredibly durable. With proper care, hardwood looks great for decades. If hardwood does get scuffed or scratched, there are companies like Blackhawk Floors that can restore them back to their original beauty.
2) The best way to achieve a timeless look is by installing hardwood. As fashions change, hardwood always looks great.
3) Hardwood floors increase the value of your Phoenix home. People will pay more for a home that has hardwood floors installed. Builders consider hardwood an upgrade.
The Cons of Hardwood
On the other hand, there are some instances where hardwood is not the best choice:
1) Hardwood floors are more costly than other flooring types. They are an investment that is not in everyone’s budget. You may want to consider cheaper options, like engineered hardwood flooring.
2) Refinishing scuffed floors is not for everyone. Some people may prefer carpeting that does not show scrapes and dents over hardwood. Just remember that those alternatives can have maintenance and durability challenges of their own.
3) In order to make a space cozier, many people use area rugs on top of their hardwood floors. If you don’t like this look or don’t want to invest in rugs, then carpet or another flooring style may be best for your space. Of course, you can also just leave your hardwood uncovered, too.
Consider the Types of Hardwood in Phoenix
When looking at hardwood floors in Phoenix, remember that not every room in your home has to have hardwood. You can start off with one room and expand the hardwood from there over time. Also, there are many different types of hardwood to choose from. Reclaimed woods give your space a unique, weathered look. Patterned hardwood installation creates drama.
Engineered hardwood floors are also a popular choice in Phoenix. They combine the beauty of hardwood with a more budget-friendly application. Talk to the flooring specialists at Blackhawk Floors to find out all of the many options you have. You can also visit their showroom to see the flooring options for yourself.
Luckily, excellent floor installation professionals are always available to help. Blackhawk Floors can answer all of your questions about hardwood floors in Phoenix. They specialize in traditional hardwood, engineered hardwood, reclaimed wood, and wood walls. Blackhawk Floors’ expert team can help you decide what type of flooring material is best for your style, your space, and your lifestyle. Visit our website for more details.