Flooring is more than just what we walk on. The style can affect the entire house with the color, design and the type of floor that you choose. From completing renovations to designing a new home, the floor is an important factor in decision for the interior of the home. One of the considerations when looking for hardwood flooring in Phoenix, AZ, is to choose between pre-finished or unfinished wood floors.
Prefinished Hardwood Flooring in Phoenix, AZ
The description of the prefinished hardwood floor is in the name. The planks are sanded, stained and coated with polyurethane before they arrive at your home. Installing these can be as simple as cutting them to size and then nailing them into place. There are some other benefits to prefinished hardwood flooring:
• Immediate use. Because the staining and coating is already completed and dried before it comes to your home, when it is nailed into place you can walk on your new floor and begin to get your home back into order right away.
• No aftermath. There is no sanding, no painting and no coating, this means no smell and no dust. There is also no paint dripping if the planks are not completely dry.
• Professional look. The factory has machines that coats the plants evenly and consistently.
• There is a higher initial cost for prefinished hardwood flooring in Phoenix, AZ, however it may be cheaper by the time all the supplies are bought for unfinished flooring.
Unfinished Hardwood Flooring in Phoenix, AZ
Unfinished flooring means that the planks are in their natural state when they arrive at your home. Unfinished flooring is often used in building new homes or large renovations, it allows contractors to walk on the floors without the worries of wrecking the finish of the flooring.
• One of the benefits of unfinished flooring is that there are more options of finishing. You can choose any stain for your floors to match your home and your personality more accurately.
• Unfinished flooring retains more of its natural look. You can control the amount of stain and coating; this allows more of the natural curves and flaws to show through the stain. These curves and flaws add uniqueness to your home.
• Easier to replace or refinish. The coating from most factories does not allow spot refinishing. If a plank needs to be replaced it can be easier with an unfinished plank that you stain to match the rest of the flooring.
Your decision between prefinished and unfinished hardwood flooring in Phoenix, AZ is a personal decision. Blackhawk Floors can help you make the best decision for your home. For more information about hardwood flooring along with all the services needed for your floor such as replacing, cleaning and installation, click here.